Introduction to Machine Sewing with Leonie Fraser
10am – 2pm
Set up from 9.30 am
Everyone is sure to learn from these thorough classes. The classes are aimed at complete beginners through to those who have a little experience but want to improve their sewing. A great way to learn some textile art prior to commencing college courses, etc or for those just wishing to learn more about sewing and using your machine. Leonie will go through all the techniques you need to produce quality sewing and you will have three different projects to complete during the class.
Focus of this workshop: Learn to Sew on a domestic sewing machine.
This workshop has a minimum age of 14.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
- Setting up and safely using a domestic sewing machine
- Using a rotary cutter, ruler and mat to prepare material for sewing
- Sewing a straight seam with a consistent seam allowance
- Top stitching for a decorative and functional effect
- Inserting a zipper and using a zipper foot
- Using interfacing and wadding to provide structure
Level of skill required for this workshop: Beginner learning to use a sewing machine and sewing equipment.