Introduction to Machine Sewing with Leonie Fraser
Time: 9:30 setup for a 10:00am start until 2:00pm
Focus of this workshop: Learn to Sew on a domestic sewing machine.
This workshop has a minimum age of 14.
Please note: this workshop is about woven cotton fabric, and not designed to teach sewing stretch fabrics such as jersey, fleece or interlock.
Leonie’s classes will make sewing for both new and experienced sewers fun. Learn how to use your machine while making some items to show off and use! Over the three days of this course you will learn how to use your sewing machine safely while we make a tote bag with pockets, a zippered pouch, and an item of your choice. Classes are aimed at inspiring sewers to learn sewing basics whilst getting to know their machines, and use their creative talents.
Level of skill required for this workshop: Beginner learning to use a sewing machine and sewing equipment.
This workshop will develop the following skills:
- Setting up and safely using a domestic sewing machine
- Using a rotary cutter, ruler and mat to prepare material for sewing
- Sewing a straight seam with a consistent seam allowance
- Top stitching for a decorative and functional effect
- Inserting a zipper and using a zipper foot
- Using interfacing and wadding to provide structure
A materials list will be emailed on registration.
To Purchase please ring the shop 6281 7555